RIGblaster Sound card Interfaces
A RIGblaster is the easiest way to properly connect your radio to your computer's sound card so that you may operate using any present or future ham radio sound card software.
A RIGblaster pro is the only way to do everything you can do with a computer and a radio. Presently available ham radio sound card software, a RIGblaster, a radio and a computer is the easy and modern way to operate:
- PSK31 (freeware on our CD and on the web)
- MFSK16 (Windows™ freeware on our CD and on the web)
- MT63 (Windows™ freeware on our CD and on the web)
- Hellschreiber (Windows™ freeware on our CD and on the web)
- SSTV (Windows™ freeware on our CD and on the web)
- RTTY (Windows™ freeware on our CD and on the web)
- AMTOR (Windows™ freeware on our CD and on the web)
- PACTOR I(DOS freeware that requires a PSA chip set sound card card) Will not do Airmail, Sailmail or WinLink2000!
- PACKET (Windows™ freeware on our CD and on the web)
- APRS (Windows™ demo on our CD and on the web)
- CW (Windows™ freeware on our CD and on the web)
- Contest Voice Keying (Windows™ demo on our CD and on the web, $10)
- WSJT FSK441 High Speed FSK meteor scatter NEW! (Windows™ freeware on our CD and on the web)
- WSJT JT44 Extreme weak signal Tropo and EME NEW! (Windows™ freeware on our CD and on the web)
- CW High Speed meteor scatter (DOS freeware on our CD and on the web)
- FM repeater announcements, automatic and unattended.(Windows™ demo on our CD and on the web, $20 de K1RFD)
- Internet radio linking with Echolink. NEW, POPULAR! (Freeware, get the latest version at echolink.org)
- Simplex or duplex repeater control with EchoStation. (Windows™ 30 day demo on our CD and on the web, $20 de K1RFD)
- Computer RIG control (pro only) (Many rig control programs on our CD and on the web.
- Transmit speech processing (pro only) EQualizer, noise reduction and compression on our CD and on the web.
- DX beacon monitoring (pro only) BeaconSee (Shareware on the web, $29)
Benefits of RIGblaster interfaces
- Proven performance, over 15 Thousand on-the-air!
- Compatible with almost every radio and every sound card equipped computer.
- Works with EVERY present or future ham radio sound card program!
- Properly matched audio to any radio. Easily adjustable to any radio's mic. input.
- Fully isolated computer ground circuit using optoisolators, unlike other interfaces that require extra ground screws, extra wires and extra cables in an attempt to eliminate ground loops.
- Easier hookup thanks to our fully isolated audio and computer keying circuits.
- Far and away the easiest to use, most complete and up to date CD, included for free.
- Effective RFI suppression to eliminate RF in the audio, proven in 12,000 stations.
- Positive and fully automatic PTT control supported almost 100 ham programs, no illegal or spurious signals.
- VOX operation using your radio's VOX.
- Supplied in sturdy 1/16" aluminum cases; powder coat painted and silk screened; no plastic pill boxes, sharp edges or plastic coated metal.
- Convenience computer speaker/headphone output in stereo.
- Double sided 1/16" fiberglass plated through, solder masked and silk screened printed circuit boards.
- Stainless steel and black anodized stainless steel hardware.
- Commercial quality mini toggle switches; no cheap slide or push switches.
- The only interface that has quick change mic. cables to easily switch between 8 pin, Modular and 4 pin mic. radios.
- No wires sticking through holes to get frayed and break loose.
- One full year parts and labor guarantee, you pay only one way shipping, no warranty minimum charge.
- Step by step illustrated instruction manual.
RIGblaster Blue interface with Bluetooth® soundcard
New The RIGblaster Blue interface upgrades every transceiver with Bluetooth® - not only for digital modes!
Like with other RIGblaster devices, RIGblaster Blue is simply connected to the microphone jack of a transceiver. Individual settings of the microphone jack are configured with the brilliant 'ISC' connectors (7 units included) in a matter of seconds, without technical knowledge! And simple as that almost any standard transceiver has all possibilities that Bluetooth® offers. Connect a PC, a tablet computer or a smartphone via Bluetooth® to a radio to operate digital modes. Or use a BT headset for regular Fone traffic with a radio. The RIGblaster Blue makes it possible!
The integrated Bluetooth® interface in the RIGblaster Blue provides an interface for both audio and CAT data. The audio streams are transferred in transmit and receive direction. The two BT profiles 'HSP' and 'HFP' offer a very comfortable way of using the radio with a BT headset. On the computer those two profiles show up as an external sound card. The CAT interface is presented as a virtual serial port and can be use by practically any log software and multimode programs. CAT systems of virtually every well-known manufacturer are supported. The range of the Bluetooth® signal is about 10m due to the good internal antenna. With this the RIGblaster Blue interface is well suited for the use on a sailing boat, caravan and in the spacious shack.
The adjustment of the RIGblaster Blue interface to the respective transceiver is done with one of the seven included connectors. These connectors simplify the different configurations of the microphone jack. So almost every shortwave transceiver of manufacturers Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu, Elecraft and Alinco are usable with the RIGblaster Blue. The microphone jack can be a 'Foster' socket (8-pin round) or a RJ-45 socket (8-pin telephone plug). For 6-pin RJ-25 micro plugs or a 4-pin round plug there are optional adapter cables available. Other settings of the Bluetooth® interface about PTT etc. are configured via included software (on DVD).
Transmit and receive level is set with the knobs on the RIGblaster Blue, which is much more comfortable than using the sliders of the computer's soundcard. Sender keying is done either by CAT command or Audio-Vox. The Vox offers adjustable delay times to avoid fast switching PTT. Lock the PTT function of the RIGblaster Blue on the front completely for SWLs, so that the transmitter is not keyed by accident. A jack on the rear can be used as an external PTT, for example a foot switch or sequencer. Two LEDs show the status of the device, e.g. whether the Bluetooth® interface has successfully been paired with the headset or computer.
Of course the RIGblaster Blue (like all other RIGblaster interfaces) provides for complete galvanic isolation between radio and computer to avoid ground loops and greatly simplify the station setting. The AF is isolated by transformer, the PTT by using a relay. The case is made of metal and offers a good protection against HF interference from the transmitter. The RIGblaster Blue weights about 680g, the size is 32 × 158 × 101 mm.
Included in delivery
- RIGblaster Blue Interface
- Cable 2 × 3.5 mm jack, 180cm
- Microphone cable, 90cm
- 7x ISC connectors
- DVD with drivers/setup utility
- Manual (englisch)
- Jumper cables for own experiments
|RB-BLUE||RIGblaster Blue Interface||247.00 €||Buy now||New||Not in stock, back on: 05. Jul. 2017 ▶|
|Info freight charges|
RIGblaster Advantage Interface with USB soundcard
The RigBlaster Advantage model differs from other RigBlaster products by having an own soundcard integrated! The has the benefit that the internal soundcard of the computer remains free for other purposes, no manual setting of levels when switching applications. And you have only one cable between the interface and the computer, no more cable knots. The power supply of the interface is also done by USB.
As the other RigBlaster interfaces, the model Advantage offer an automatic PTT selection bewteen computer and microphone. A transmission from the computer can be interrupted at any time by pressing the PTT switch on the microphone or foot switch. This is very helpful for SSTV or contest operation. The easy to operate front panel knobs are very convenient to adjust the TX and RX audio level. Additionally the RigBlaster Advantage offers an audio VOX function, which keys the transmitter as soon as the soundcard produces an output. This is useful for (older) transceivers which do not have any other means of keying the PTT line.
The RigBlaster interfaces are integrated into the microphone cable to the radio. The required cable is included in shipment and supports any radio with round (Foster) or modular (RJ-45) connector with 8 pins. Internally the various radios are adapted by jumpers. To facilitate this the RigBlaster Advantage comes with 6 ready to use jumper blocks for the most often used radios: Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu, JRC and Elecraft. Other, older radios can be accomodated by setting individual jumper cables according to the pinout of the radio.
The CAT interface of the radio if of course also handled by the RigBlaster Advantage, either traditional serial, CAT or CI-V. And also of course the CAT interface is galvanically isolated between radio and computer to alleviate noise loops. Audio and all other keying lines are also isolated. The interface also offers keying lines for CW and FSK (RTTY).
|RB-ADVANTAGE||RigBlaster Advantage||248.00 €||Buy now||In stock, shipped in 1 or two days. ▶|
|RB-XCIV||CAT Cable RigBlaster to Icom Radio||11.40 €||Buy now||In stock, shipped in 1 or two days. ▶|
|RB-XCAT8||CAT Cable RigBlaster to Yaesu FT-817/857/897/100/100D||11.40 €||Buy now||In stock, shipped in 1 or two days. ▶|
|Info freight charges|
Optional cables für RigblasterRB-XIAFSK
Cable for all ICOM RIGS WITH 8p ACC1 socket. The ACC1 socket provides AF with a constant level which is connected to the soundcard. Further RTTY FSK keying is enabled with this cable.
|RB-XIAFSK||25.00 €||Buy now||In stock, shipped in 1 or two days. ▶|
|Info freight charges|