SOTABEAMS ContestConsole switching unit for ICOM radios New
Gain full control of your ICOM radio with the SOTABEAMS ContestConsole. Easy to use - connects between your radio and microphone.
- Features (depending on radio):
- Instant access to voice, CW and PSK memories (no need to have them displayed on the radio screen)
- TX PTT button
- TX low power tune function - sends 10 Watt carrier (optional lead required)
- Pushbutton frequency control (frequency up/down - or memory channel up/down)
- External PTT socket for footswitch
- Auxiliary microphone socket (3.5mm)
Will it work with my radio?
The ContestConsole was designed with the IC-7300 in mind but it works with a wide range of other ICOM radios.
IC-2300H, IC-2730, IC-275, IC-575, IC-7000, IC-703, IC-706, IC-707, IC-7100, IC-718, IC-7300, IC-7400, IC-746, IC-746PRO, IC-756, IC-756PRO, IC-756PROII, IC-756PROIII, IC-7600, IC-7610, IC-7700, IC-78, IC-7800, IC-7850, IC-7851, IC-9100, IC-910H, ID-4100A, ID-4100E
Functionality varies for each radio. See linked document in the download section for a full compatibility matrix.
Tips for use
- There are usually some radio settings that need changing before the memory buttons will function - look for "external keypad" in the radio manual for details.
- Do not connect two microphones at the same time. If connecting a microphone via the ContestConsole, use either the 3.5mm socket or the 8 pin socket, not both.
- On some radios, an external storage device (memory card or USB stick) might be needed for voice memories to work.
External Link: ContestConsole Instructions (PDF)
|SB-CC-ICOM||ContestConsole for ICOM||85.50 €||Add to shopping cart||New||Not in stock, back on: 28. Nov. 2019 ⓘ|
|SB-CCTL-102||TUNE cable for ContestConsole||24.50 €||Add to shopping cart||New||Not in stock, back on: 27. Sep. 2019 ⓘ|
|Info freight charges|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does the ContestConsole provide a complete DC connected "pass through" for the microphone socket on the radio (including the 8 Volt supply)?
A: Yes. The ContestConsole does provide a complete DC pass through including the 8 Volt supply.
Q: The "Tune" indicator on my IC-7610/7600 stays illuminated. Does this mean the internal tuner is activated?
A: The Click2Tune simulate a successful tuning sequence for an external AH4 tuner. There is also a switching sequence that is used by an external automatic tuner to indicate it failed to find a match. The Click2Tune appears to the transceiver to be a successful tune so sets the display as such. The 'TUNE' indicator simply indicates the transceiver's circuitry detected a successful external AH4 tune sequence. It does NOT indicate the internal tuner is in line.
Q: I already have a SOTABEAMS Click2Tune for ICOM. Can I use that with the Contest Console?
A: Yes, your existing Click2Tune lead will function as it did before. However, the Tune button on the ContestConsole will only function with the optional Tune lead.
Q: I use my ICOM with an automatic antenna tuner that has a lead that connects top the white Molex connector on the radio. Can I also use the optional Tune lead?
A: The ContestConsole will work fine with your existing antenna tuner - the operation of the tuner will be unchanged. However, the Tune button on the ContestConsole will only function with the optional Tune lead.
Q: What are the dimensions of the ContestConsole?
A: W110 x D75 x H40 mm