Käferlein Loop AMA-164 40-160m, 100W
Ordered only on customer request, delivery time approx. 20 days
- Pole mount for vertical installation, max. 60 mm pole diameter
- Control unit
- Power cable for control unit
- Plug for control cable (Hirschmann STAS200 on antenna, 3.5 mm jack mono on control unit)
- Printed manual in German
- A magnetic loop antenna must be weatherproof for operation outside a building. The selection of materials and construction of the joints are of high importance. By many practical experiments the best suitable materials have been selected.
- The tube of the loop and the tuning capacitor must be constructed very robust, to avoid fluctuations of the inductivity and capacity and therefore fluctuations of the resonant frequency. Besides the mechanical stability the tuning capacitor must be built with thick plates, a solid axle and large electrical contacts to prevent heating from the high electrical currents. The also keeps losses at a minimum.
- For a precise tuning an accurate and continues mechanical drive, free of play, should be used. This mechanical drive must work reliably under all weather influences.
- The magnetic loop antenna should withstand excess power without permanent damage. This requires that the insulating material of the capacitor is resistive against high voltages, leak currents and arcing. When the antenna is accidentially overloaded there will only be a flash arc between the capacitor plates, but the antenna itself will not be damaged.
|Bandwidth 1.8 MHz (kHz)||4|
|Supported Bands||160m, 80m, 60m, 40m|
|Bandwidth 3.5 MHz (kHz)||9|
|Number of Turns||1.0000|
|Efficiency 7 MHz||95|
|Efficiency 3.5 MHz||69|
|Efficiency 1.8 MHz||17|
|Bandwidth 7 MHz (kHz)||28|
|Max. Power [W]||100 W|
|Frequency Range||1.8 - 7.2 MHz|
|Antenna Type||Omni-directional Antenna|
|Design of antenna||Magn. Loop|
|Gain 1.8 MHz [dBi]||-5.8|
|Gain 3.5 MHz [dBi]||0.2|
|Gain 7 MHz [dBi]||1.6|