Kenwood Company Overview
Kenwood was originally founded in 1946 as Kasuga Radio Co. Ltd. in Komagane City by Jiro Kasuga and was renamed Kasuga Radio Industrie Corporation in 1950. The purpose of operation was initially the development and production of radio sets. In 1955, high demand necessitated the establishment of a mass production facility in Tokyo. With the renaming to Trio Corporation in 1960, the company entered the production of the first amateur radios under the brand name "Trio Kenwood".
|Company location||Tokyo, Japan|
|In stock since||von Anfang an bei WiMo|
In addition to the Car Entertainment and Home Entertainment divisions, the Comunications division's product portfolio includes analog and digital professional, PMR, Freenet and amateur radios in handheld, mobile or fixed station and repeater station versions. Each for the application and use areas NEXEDGE dPMR, DMR, ATEX, the digital and analogue operational and BOS radio, as well as the license-free radio PMR446 and Freenet. In the large consumer electronics sector, Kenwood developed and produced audio recorders, car radios, hi-fi and home cinema equipment, record players and navigation equipment.