With the FT-4VE Yaesu continues the successful series of compact mono (FT-4VE) and dualband (FT-4XE) handheld radios. The FT-4 offers a rich set of features in a compact and rugged enclosure. The radios offer up to 5 W transmit power (switchable to 2.5 and 0.5 W), a loudspeaker with 36mm diameter presents the 1 W audio power in a clear and easy to understand way. The supplied LiIon battery offers 1750 mAh capacity, enough for operation of up to 15 hours. The supplied charger get's the radio back to full power in only 3.5 hours.
The difference between the two radios Yaesu FT-4XE and FT-4VE are the operating bands: The FT-4XE is a dualband radio for 2m (VHF) and 70cm (UHF), the FT-4VE is a monoband radio for operation on 2m (VHF) only.
The rich feature set confiorms to highest industry standards: 200 memories, 10 programmable band scan edges, independent Tx/Rx frequencies in a memory, numerous scan options, VOX operation (with optional headset), two freely configurable buttons on the radio, and much more. The operating frequency can be set in steps of 5 t o100 kHz in VFO mode, CTCSS and DCS filter setting allow undisturbed use and targeted calls of individuals and entire groups. A WFM radio is also provided. With the optional programming cable all settings and memories can be controlled from a computer. The functions for cloning a radio are also provided.
Note: The antenna connection on the radio is a recessed SMA connector, i. e. female thread and male inner conductor. Accordingly the antenna has an external thread and a female inner conductor. This means that only certain antennas from other manufacturers, e. g. Diamond antennas with a "J" in the product designation such as the SRJ-77CA, can be used.
- Size 52 x 90 x 30 mm (WxHxD)
- Weight 250 g with antenna and battery
- 1 W Audio Power
- 0.5/2.5/5 W HF Transmit power
- Up to 15 hours of operation
- Charging time only 3.5 hours with supplied rapid charger SBH-22
- Two freely configurable buttons on the radio
- 200 Memories
- Many scan possibilities: VFO, memory, band edge, memory bank, dual receive
- Adjustable step width: 5/10/12.5/15/20/25/50/100 kHz
- Split memory (Rx/Tx Frequency idependantly settable)
- VOX operation with option SSM-512B
- PC programmint with option SCU-35
- WFM receiver
- DTMF Operation
- CTCSS, DCS Filter
Included in shipment
- FT-4vE handheld radio
- SMA Antenna SRA-15
- LiIon Battery SBR-28LI 7.4V, 1750 mAh
- Wall charger SAD-20C
- Rapid Charger SBH-22
- Belt Clip SHB-18
- Operating Manual