This transceiver benefits from the Yaesu Cashback Programme "Summer Special 2021" .
At Yaesu, the '101' signifies the top-of-the-line series of HF transceivers. In the venerable tradition of the FT-101B, FT-101E, -101ZD from the 70s and 80s, Yaesu now continues this heritage with the FT-DX101D (100W) and FT-DX101MP (200W). The FT-DX101MP is dedicated to Sako Hasegawa, the founder of Yaesu Musen.
The technical design of the FT-DX101 is a fascinating hybrid of state-of-the-art direct sampling SDR technology and classic, proven down mixer technology. On the one hand the RF signal is directly sampled and digitized behind the pre-selector filters, as it is typical for a high-end SDR; on the other hand the signal coming from the same pre-selector is down-mixed to a 9 MHz IF, then digitized and processed at that stage. This double-tracked approach offers plenty possibilities: SDR typical features like a wide band (up to 1 MHz) spectrum and waterfall can be displayed, at the same time the typical close-in selectivity of a high-end receiver can be achieved without compromise. This classical receiver track uses roofing filter at the 9 MHz IF stage, the filter-width of 12 or 3 kHz or 600 Hz is either selected automatially or manually.
The excellent receiver capabilities are also supported by a complex pre-selector system. Yaesu has designed 15 fixed band pass filters, supported by a continously tuned variable capacitor filter (VC Tuning) is available. This VC filter is either tuned automatically or manually, it uses a miniature precision stepper motor. This filter claims up to -70dB attenuation of close-by, unwanted signals. The net result is an outstanding blocking dynamic range (BDR) of 150 dB at 2kHz signal spacing, at a dynamic range of 120 dB (RMDR, Reciprocal Mixing Dynamic Range).
To support all variants of DX traffic on HF the FT-DX101 has two equivalent and independent receivers (Main and Sub band). Each receiver is equipped with the well known Yaesu system for noise reduction and filtering. For example you can select individual notch and noise filters for each receiver, with separate, independent filter widths on top. The display can be switched to show two spectra and/or waterfalls at the same time, eitehr side by side or on top of each other. The two independent receivers offer the Yaesu-typical stereo AF output, you can have Main and Sub band separated on a stereo headphone. This can be very helpful when digging through a pile-up of a rare DX station working split.
The Yaesu FT-Dx101 is also a successful mix of proven and new ideas in terms of control elements. The legendary FT-1000MP transceiver already had a VFO knob with an additional outer tuning ring. This ring is now also found at the '101' and serves easily switchable functions: Fine tuning on the main VFO, tuning on the sub VFO, VC tuning and clarifier. The large, colored touch panel is used for many other functions that can be accessed via soft keys. By tapping on the spectrum you can change the frequency directly, tapping on the frequency allows a direct frequency input, etc. The display can be adapted to the personal taste in color and representation. Yaesu is also breaking new ground when it comes to band selection. The keys are clearly arranged next to each other and the 60 and 4m bands have their own keys. Coloured LEDs above and below the band keys indicate the respective assignment of the main and sub VFOs.
The FT-DX101 is offered in two versions:
- FT-DX101D: 100W transmit power, without power supply, requires 13.8V, 22A
- : 200W transmit power, incl. ext. loudspeaker, incl. 48V power supply inside the loudspeaker case
Features and functions FT-DX101
- 160-10m + 6m + 4m (4m RX only)
- Hybrid-SDR: Direct Sampling + Down Mixer/SDR
- 100W Transmit Power (D Version)
- 200W Transmit Power (MP Version)
- 9MHz ZF Roofing Filter: 12 kHz, 3 kHz, 600 Hz
- 15 Band filters + continous tuning Pre-Selector (VC Tuning)
- Two independent receivers
- Operating Modes: LSB, USB, CW, RTTY, PSK, AM, FM (+ Data Modes)
- 18 Bit A/D converter
- Very low noise 400 MHz local oscillator
- 7" colour LC display with touch function
- Multi Purpose VFO Tuning Knob
- RX/TX Clarifier
- Split operation
- ±0.1 ppm TCXO
- Automatic CW tuning
- RTTY, CW, PSK31 Decoder
- 99 memories, 12-digit alpha-numerical memry names
- 5 or 10 quick memories
- 9 pairs of memories for scan edges
- Built-in top speaker (D Version)
- Separate loudspeaker in thesame design (MP Version)
- Two USB connectors on front (keyboard etc.), one USB connector on the rear (CAT control)
- SD card memory slot
- DVI-D display connector
- RS-232 serial interface
Included in shipment FT-DX101D
- FT-DX101D EU Model
- printed manual and circuit diagrams (englisch, later in German)
- SSM-75G handheld microphone
- DC cable
- Small parts (fuse, connectors, microphone holder)
FTDX101D: Standard- and optional accessory
|Crystal Roofing Filter (CW 300Hz)
|Crystal Roofing Filter (CW 600Hz)
|Crystal Roofing Filter (SSB 1.2kHz)
|Crystal Roofing Filter (SSB 3kHz)
|Crystal Roofing Filter (AM 12kHz)