Preliminary information, technical details are subject to change, details on price and delivery time are not binding!
The IC-705 is a QRP portable transceiver which supports all operating modes on the short wave bands plus 2m and 70cm. D-Star is built in.
The IC-705 uses the same easy to use SDR technology as the IC-7300 and the IC-9700. The color display has the same size as its big relatives - 4.3" diagonal. The display serves as input at the same time, it is a touch display. Thus the input of a frequency, the choice of the operating mode and the setup in the menu is made very simple.
As a portable device, the IC-705 has a rechargeable LiIon battery on board. Here the BP-272 battery is used, which is also used in Icom handheld radios. The battery has a voltage of 7.4V and a capacity of 2000 mAh. This ensures fun for some hours on a hike to the next mountain. The transmission power is max. 5W with battery, max. 10W with external power supply.
Technical details IC-705
- Transmission power 0.5-5W with battery, 0.5-10W with ext. 13.8 V power supply
- Bands: HF + 50 MHz + 144 MHz + 432 MHz
- Operating modes: SSB, AM, FM, WFM, CW. RTTY, D-Star DV
- Receiver continuous 30 kHz - 146 MHz + 430-440 MHz
- Color display 4.3" diagonal
- Dimensions approx. 200 x 80 x 85 mm
- Weight approx. 1 kg with battery
- Bluetooth built-in (CAT control, audio)
- GPS built-in, distance logger, D-Star functions
- Micro-SD card for firmware updates, saving configuration, etc.
- Antenna connection: 1x BNC
- Front speaker
- HM-243 Microphone
- Connections: Micro USB, CW key, ext. tuner, Send/ALC for PA, ground, power supply
Note: The information about price and delivery time are very preliminary and can still change.
Icom first presented the IC-705 transceiver at the Tokyo Ham Fair in August 2019. On Dec 16, 2019 a preliminary price of 124800 Yen net (without taxes) for Japan was announced, which is about 1025 € net. According to our experience the price will be higher in Europe, we estimate around 1300 to 1500 € incl. VAT.
Availability is given as 'end of March 2020' in Japan. Since such a transceiver still has to pass the european approval, we do not expect a real availability before summer 2020 (Ham Radio fair in Friedrichshafen).
Update 17 January 2020
In mid-January 2020, various suppliers spread rumours about prices and delivery times via social media. We still have no official confirmation of these dates or prices from our contact at Icom Europe. As we do not want to get involved in speculation we still assume availability in summer 2020, at a price of around 1.300-1.500€.
WiMo offers the possibility to pre-order this radio, please see article '97AIC-705'.
|Supported Bands||70cm, 2m, 6m, 10m, 12m, 15m, 17m, 20m, 30m, 40m, 80m, 160m|