Just as with the earlier model, the new Wouxun KG-UV8D offers a handheld transceiver with many features at a very interesting price. The KG-UV8D is a real dualband radio, i.e. it has two independent receivers. This allows the simultaneous monitoring of (for example) the 2m repeater as well as the local club frequency on 70cm. Further this hardware design allows the radio to operate as a true crossband repeater, very useful to extend the reach on the fieldday area.
The frequency range of the KG-UV8D covers the ham radio bands 2m and 70cm, a frequency extension is possible. The max. transmit power is 5 W on VHF and 4 W on UHF. Power supply comes from a LiIon rechargeable battery with 7.4V and 1700mAh capacity. 999 memories are more than sufficient to organize all your favorite frequencies, and of course you can name the memories with alpha-numeric labels.
A highlight of the KG-UV8D is the huge LC display. A clearly structured display helps with daily operation, and also the setup is very easy to handle. Large and solid keys make operationg very simple, at the side of the radio are three freely programmable function keys. The connectors for microphone and/or headset are the same as before (the same as kenwood uses since many years), so the same microphone or headset accessories can be used with the new radio. In contrast to the predecessor the antenna socket is a standard SMA socket. That allows us to offer a huge selection of additional antennas, for example those made by Diamond.
Technical featurs and data KG-UV8D:
- Dualband radio, 144-146 & 430-440MHz
- FM Radio receiver (WFM) 76-108 MHz
- Max. 4 W TX power on 70cm
- Mode FM (F3E) wide/narrow selectable for 12.5 kHz
- Channel spacing 5 / 6.25 / 10 / 12.5 / 25 / 50 / 100 kHz
- 999 memories for repeater and simplex frequencies
- Large, backlit LC display
- DTMF function for Echolink
- CTCSS/DCS selective calling
- Various scan functions, incl. CTCSS/DCS
- Crossband repeater function
- Standard SMA antenna socket
- Size 125 x 61 x 34 mm (without antenna)