PICOAPRSLITE APRS TRx without enclosure, for balloons
Unfortunately this product is not available anymore. Sorry.
PicoAPRS-Lite: popular PicoAPRS' little brother.
- Automatic or manual frequency tuning on request. E.g. automatic for worldwide balloon flights.
- In areas without APRS coverage and with automatic frequency tuning the ISS APRS frequency is used to be heard even in these situations.
- Temperature and air pressure sensor. The values will be sent as an APRS comment in every position.
- As an energy source a small solar cell with buffer capacitor can be used, as well as single-use or rechargeable batteries. Voltage range ca. 3.2 - 5V.
- When using a solar cell the PicoARPS-Lite will stay in battery-saving mode use only about 0.1mA until the buffer capacitor has stored enough charge, then sends a beacon and will go back into battery-saving mode to recharge for another beacon if needed. Even with just one solar cell which supplies the buffer capacitor with just a tiny amount of current it can operate forever in sunshine! Ideal for a world trip with a balloon.
- Even when using batteries the energy-saving mode will be used between beacon transmissions to extend the battery's lifetime.
- Micro USB port for settings configuration with a terminal software.
- Integrated GPS module with balloon mode up to 80km height, ideal for stratosphere balloons.
- Transmission power configurable between 0.5 and 1W.
- 7-pol lowpass filter to eliminate unwanted spurious emission.
- Status LED
- Firmware updates via USB possible. Future wishes of users and product improvements can be uploaded later
- SMA jack for circuit board mounting, upright, with long thread, for single hole fixing. If the device should be in a case and used with a regular antenna.
- Lithium polymer battery 3.6V/800mA, as well as compatible connector cable for an external energy source. Beware, the PicoAPRS-Lite has no voltage regulator for batteries! Never charge batteries via USB!
- Small USB charger for 4 LiPo batteries max.