Bi-directional beverage antenna from qro.cz
In stock, shipped in 1 to 2 days
- fast and easy setup
- good low-noise performance
- directional effect in two directions
- protection against electrostatic charge, overvoltage, overcurrent
- IP56 housing
- 2 versions selectable
- Feeder Box
- Terminator Box
The Beverage is a very broadband long-wire antenna that does not require any adjustment (e.g. by means of a tuner).
The antenna should be longer than 1 wavelength and installed at a height of less than 0.05 wavelengths above the ground. The antenna is usually terminated with a resistor at the end (opposite the feed point).
In contrast to a beverage antenna with only one wire, the bi-directional version has two parallel wires stretched at a defined distance between the "feeder box" and the "terminator box".
We offer the bi-directional Beverage in 2 variants:
- Variant with one connection: the direction of the received signal is switched by 12 V remote power supply (e.g. by means of the "Bias-Tee-Box", article QRO-BTBOX) via the coaxial cable from the receiver side to the Feeder Box.
- Variant with two connections: Here 2 individual receivers can be connected, i.e. 1 receiver per receiving direction. If only one receiver is connected, the free output must be terminated by dummy load.
The components meet the requirements of IP-56 and are therefore protected against water and snow.
Beverage antennas are one of the cheapest and most reliable ways to improve DX capabilities on the low frequencies.
The connection from the receiver to the "beverage box" (= feeder) is made by coaxial cable(s).
The antenna wires between the feeder and "terminator box" are attached using screw terminals. Care should be taken to ensure that the wires are not only parallel to each other, but also parallel (and not one above the other or "twisted") to the ground. The low installation height of the antenna greatly simplifies correct wire routing.
Finally, the "terminator box" is grounded. All inputs and outputs are clearly and legibly labeled, which further simplifies the setup.
Since the antenna can be set up very close to the ground at a height of 0.5 - 4 meters, it is ideally suited for use on field days. Here "natural" landmarks like trees, poles, ... can be used, it is important to make sure that the antenna wire follows a straight line. When tensioning the wire, it is also important to ensure correct alignment in order to make the best use of the directivity of the antenna.
The antenna wire to be used must have a sheath to prevent short circuits caused by mutual contact between the wires.
|Product Name||Bi-directional beverage antenna from qro.cz|
|Impedance (Ω)||50 Ω, 75 Ω|
|Antenna Type||Directional Antenna|
|Design of antenna||Beverage|
|Frequency Range||0.1 - 30 MHz|