Remote Control Software Icom RS-BA1V2
Remote Control Software Icom RS-BA1V2
As part of the so-called "Digitalpaket", the introduction of a new VAT system with far-reaching changes for cross-border online trade with consumers is being driven forward at EU level.
As of 01.07.2021, in B2C distance selling (transactions with end consumers), the previously applicable VAT delivery thresholds in the EU will be abolished and tax amounts will be owed directly in the country of delivery.
The so-called "distance selling regulation" will then apply.
From this point on, cross-border deliveries of goods to non-entrepreneurs will be taxable in the destination member state, and the corresponding amount of VAT will be payable there.
This means, for example, that as of 1.7.21, 20% VAT will be shown on invoices for deliveries to France, and 25% VAT will be shown on invoices for deliveries to Italy. The recipient in Italy therefore no longer benefits from the 19% VAT rate in Germany.
You got too much QRM/QRN at home? But you have access to a distant area which is quiet (radio wise)? Why not put your station there? Or control your radio in the attic from the computer in the cellar via your local network. Either is possible with the remote control software RS-BA1 by Icom. Or let other operators use the club station when it's idle...
The software RS-BA1 by Icom consists of two parts, a so called 'Server' and a 'client' part. The server is used on a computer at the remote site, where the transceiver is located. Someplace else you have another computer running the Client software. Both computers are connected over a network, either a Local Area Network (LAN) or the internet. Imagine your remote station located anywhere in the worls, controlled over the internet!
The RS-BA1 Software supports the following Icom transceivers:
- IC-705 (via network/WLAN or USB cable)
- IC-7850/7851 (via USB or Ethernet cable)
- IC-7800 (via Audio/CAT-Interface or Ethernet cable)
- IC-7700 (via Audio/CAT-Interface or Ethernet cable)
- IC-7610 (via USB or Ethernet cable)
- IC-7600 (via USB cable)
- IC-7410 (via USB cable)
- IC-7300 (via USB cable)
- IC-7200 (via USB cable)
- IC-9700 (via USB or Ethernet cable)
- IC-9100 (via USB cable)
- IC-756ProI to III (via Audio/CAT-Interface, with some limitations)
- IC-746Pro/IC-7400 (via Audio/CAT-Interface, with some limitations)
For operation the transceiver must be connected with the server computer. Those Icom transceivers with USB interface require just the supplied USB cable. Those Icom transceivers with network connection (IC-9700, IC-705) require an ethernet cable or a wireless LAN connection. Other transceivers require a soundcard/CAT interface to connect audio and CAT data with galvanic isolation. In principle any soundcard interface will do, like our SB-2000, the USB-2, USB-3, Digikeyer microKeyer and many others. Operation is also possible with older Icom transceivers, but only with very limited possibilities (just control of frequency and mode, nothing else).
At the Tokyo Radio Show 2018 Icom introduces a new version of this software. For major functional changes see list below. Of course this software can be used with older transceivers as well, see function table. Please note the omission of support for older OSs like Windows XP and WIndows Vista. The previously sold version RS-BA1 (without 'Version 2') is not available anymore.
New functions in RS-BA1 Version 2
- Dual Watch/Dual VFO/Dual Waterfall 
- RIT/XIT function 
- SUB Dial 
- Requires Windows 7, 8 or 10, 32/64 Bit (Discontinuation of support for Windows XP and VISTA)
 Dual Watch/Dual Waterfall only with IC-7851, IC-7850, IC-7610.
 depending on radio.
Please note that Icom does not offer an upgrade path from the first edition of 'RS-BA1' to the new 'RS-BA1 Version 2'.
- RS-BA1 Version 2 Minimum Requirements of computer (Server and/or Client)
- Microsoft Windows Windows 7, 8 or 10 (32/64 Bit)
- Multicore-CPU, min. 1.8 GHz
- Memory 2GB to 4GB, depending on OS version
- 150MB disk space
- Screen resolution 1024 x 600 px or larger
- Network: DSL with at least 350kbps Upload/500kbps Download or 10/100MBps LAN
- IC-705 requires Version 2.20 or newer of theRS-BA1 V2 Software