microKEYER-II CAT- and Sound card interface
The microKEYER-II is a highly integrated station controller which supports all modes. Regardless whether you do phone, digital modes or CW - the microKEYER-II supports you.
The integrated USB sound card has various advantages: first it does offer a much better signal to noise ratio than the most internal soundcards; second it has a much wider dynamic range. Both is very helful for improved decoding of weak signals. And additonally the internal soundcard remains free for it's original purpose (system sounds etc.). And you have only one cable between the interface and your computer - everything, also the audio is carried by the one USB cable. The integrated USB soundcard of the microKEYER-II has two audio channels and supports both main and sub receiver of some radios.
Besides the well known features like a universal CAT/CI-V interface, sequencer control for PA and LNA keying, support for foot key PTT, connection for an optional PS/2 keyboard, K1EL WinKey chip for precise CW keying, the microKEYER-II offers some very interesting features:
The LC display is widely configurable and shows for example the sent data in CW and RTTY, or the current CW speed, or the current frequency of the transceiver. Very helpful while configuring the device and also during the DX work.
One additional CI-V connection, which works in parallel to the usual CAT interface, allows for a very easy integration of other Icom devices like the Icom PW-1 power amplifier. Even if the transceiver is not by Icom!
A further additional serial port (ILink) allows the seamless integration of other devices, like the SteppIR or Ultrabeam antenna controller or a automatic antenna tuner - very useful. We offer an optional 10 keys keypad MK-KEYPAD, see below.
The features of the microKEYER-II in detail:
- Integrated USB soundcard with high dynamic range and excellent SNR for better decoding
- Two audio channels for Main/Sub receiver
- Newly designed microphone matching allows the use of nearly any microphone
- two microphone connections supported at the same time (e.g. hand mike and headset)
- Simplyfied ccontrol and selection of audio sources
- Continously adjustable microphone gain, separated for two microphones
- Automatic selection of microphone
- Output power of the soundcard sufficient to drive a headset, for Echolink, VoIP, Skype etc.
- 2 Watt amplifier for connection of a monitor speaker
- Separate volume control of the monitor for CW sidetone, DVK and AFSK
- Display on the front shows status (recording, playback) of the soundcard
- Automatic microphone muting when using ditial modes
- Sequencer control for LNA/PTT to switch a separate pre amplifier or receiving antenna
- VOX support for PA keying
- Direct support for QSK operation with PA
- Digital VOX: automatic PTT keying when audio is sent over the soundcard
- TX inhibit for hotswitch protection ad transmitting under critical conditions (transmit path not ready)
- Faster (3ms) keying relay
- K1EL Winkey Chip for precise timing of keying
- Integrated, high level paddle debouncer/interface
- Visual indication of keyer speed
- Optional 'paddle only' sidetone
- Display of transmitted CW characters
- Integrated contest serial number
- Supports PS72 keyboard or numeric keypad for memory recall
- FSK & Digital
- Low nois/high gain audio chain with independently controlled line amplifiers for unbeatable weak signal decoding
- Automatic sound card line input select for digital modes
- Transmitted data display (FSK RTTY only)
- Other functions
- Customizable, two line LC display with adjustable backlight
- Separate power jack with power monitoring
- Separate On/Off switch
- CI-V output with simulated Icom 'transceive data' when connected to a supported radio allows use of IC-PW1 with non-Icom transceivers
- Proprietary serial port (ILink) simulates antenna/tuner control protocols (support for SteppIR, Ultrabeam, antenna tuner)
- FH-1/FH-2 or equivalent keypad for memory control
- Uses the same DB37 cable sets as microKEYER
Note: microKEYER II™ is a hardware product - it "fully supports" a radio when microHAM releases a cable set designed to interface microKEYER-II to the specific input/output requirements of a supported transceiver. Due to differences in features and control protocols among transceivers, the support software (microHAM USB Device Router) may not implement decoding of operating mode and/or frequency, automatic selection of mode, frequency/mode dependent configurations, and/or FSK for all supported radios.
Automatic selection of frequency/mode dependent configurations is a user interface enhancement. The ability of microHAM USB Device Router to provide automatic selection of operating configuration does not mean that a specific transceiver is, or is not, supported.
Note: microHAM USB Device Router and microHAM Device Configurator are compatible with all 32bit and 64bit versions of Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Vista, XP, 2000 and 2003.
|MK-2||microHAM MicroKeyer-2||335.00 €||Add to shopping cart||In stock, shipped in 1 or two days. ⓘ|
|MK-ILINK-STE||Cable microHAM MK-2 - SteppIR Controller||38.50 €||Add to shopping cart||Not in stock, back on: 20. Nov. 2018 ⓘ|
|MK-ILINK-UB||Cable microHAM MK-2 - Ultrabeam Controller||38.50 €||Add to shopping cart||In stock, shipped in 1 or two days. ⓘ|
|SNG-1210||12V/1A Power Supply||8.90 €||Add to shopping cart||In stock, shipped in 1 or two days. ⓘ|
|Info freight charges|
Cable für microHAM microHAM micro-KEYER, Micro-Keyer-II, Micro-Keyer-2R/2R+
The cables to the radio are now available also in a 2m long version (article DB38-xxx instead of DB37-xxx), see list.
microKEYER List of cables and schematics
|DB37-IC8||Icom||IC-707, IC-725, IC-726, IC-728, IC-729, IC-735, IC-736, IC-737, IC-738
IC-746, IC-746Pro, IC-7400, IC-756, IC-756Pro, IC-756ProII, IC-756ProIII
IC-761, IC-765, IC-775, IC-7600, IC-7610, IC-7700, IC-7800, IC-781, IC-910
IC-7400: only for HF, not VHF IC-7800: only one audio channel, see DB37-IC7800
|DB37-IC13||Icom||IC-703, IC-706, IC-706MkII, IC-706MkIIG, IC-7000, IC-7100
IC-7000/706: HF only, not VHF
|DB37-IC718||Icom||IC-718, IC-78, IC-7200, IC-7300, IC-7410, IC-9100||Schematic||DB37-IC7800||Icom||IC-7800
IC-7800: Two audio channels
|DB37-TS6||Kenwood||TS-50, TS-60, TS-140, TS-440, TS-450, TS-680, TS-690
TS-711, TS-790, TS-811, TS-850, TS-940, TS-950
TS-50, TS-60 - requires Kenwood IF-10D
TS-140, TS-680 - requires Kenwood IF-10C
TS-711, TS-811 - requires Kenwood IF-10A
TS-940 - requires Kenwood IF-10B
|DB37-TS9||Kenwood||TS-570S TS-570D TS-590S TS-870 TS-870S TS-2000 TS-2000X TS-B2000||Schematic|
|DB37-TT-JPA||TenTec||Jupiter, Pegasus, Argonaut||Schematic|
|DB37-FTMINI8||Yaesu||FT-817 FT-857 FT-857D FT-897 FT-897D||Schematic|
|DB37-FT900||Cable for Yaesu FT-900, 1m long||---|
|DB37-FT950||Yaesu||FT-950, FT-DX1200, FT-DX3000D||Schematic|
|DB37-FT990||Yaesu||FT-990 (requires ROM Version 1.3 or newer)||Schematic|
|DB37-FT1000D||Yaesu||FT-1000, FT-1000D (requires ROM Version 6.0 or newer)||Schematic|
|DB37-FT1000M||Yaesu||FT-1000MP, FT-1000MP MkV, FT-1000MP Field||Schematic|
|DB37-FT2000||Yaesu||FT-2000, FT-2000D, FT-5000||Schematic|
The 10 Keypad is directly connected to the microKEYER and allows control of various CW functions, like recall of stored standard buffers, adjusting speed and many more. The RTTY functions require a full PS/2 keyboard (a USB keyboard will not work!).
|MK-KEYPAD||10 keypad||25.40 €||Add to shopping cart||Not in stock, back on: 18. Dec. 2018 ⓘ|
|Info freight charges|