SMΩRF - vectorial power and SWR meter
Monitor two radios on two different antennas at the same time!
The SMΩRF is a RF instrument for SWR and power which utilizes external sensors. This allows you to monitor multiple antennas simultaneously - even when using high power, up to 500 MHz. The major difference of the SMΩRF to other instruments is the capability to measure the signal including phase which finally gives you the complex impdance of an antenna. This value is required for phase-adjusted compensation of the match. This power measurement procedure as a "Vector Signal Meter" unlocksm onitoring possibilities which are hard to find otherwise, even in the professional market.
By measuring the phasing of a signal it becomes for example possible, how a complex load behaves when charged with high power. The determination of the phase of a signal including the sign allows to decide if the load must be compensated capacitive or inductive for optimal match. A very special feature is the measurement and calculation of the parameters at the sensor output and at the antenna feedpoint at the same time. This allows to check cable parameters like losses and erros in adaption. Also changes over time, for example due to heating, can be monitored.
The SMΩRF Vector Signal Meter can gauge two sensor signals at the same time. This is a nice option, because it allows to check two different antenna systems at the same time. Even better - the meter can check the phase difference between the two sensors. This is perfect for stacked antenna systems, where you now have the possibility to control whether each antenna gets the signal at the same phase angle. A small difference in phase can result in severe degradation of gain and directivity of stacked antenna systems.
Each of the sensors is carefully calibrated by the manufacturer, calibration data is stored in the sensor and the meter respectively. This is extremely helpful, because recalibration at the customer is not required, even when changing sensors. Also the 3m long sensor cables are thouroughly measured and documented. The SMΩRF displays the measurement data of the max. two sensors on two large, coloured LED bar graphs, which are easily visible even from a distance. Additionally a bright OLED display is used to show various parameters. This display can be configured in great detail by the user.
Like nearly any professional instrument the SMΩRF can communicate measured values to the outside world in many ways. The device offers a standard Ethernet interface for integration into a local area network. The interface provides means to read the values in real time either locally or over the internet. The data protocol is documented and available for any interested software developer, allowing for individual adoption of the meter into own control processes. Further the SMΩRF brings it's own webserver, so any computer with a web browser can monitor actual values and set parameters. Two 'iLink' connections are provided for easy integration with other devices by microHAM. For example an adjustable alarm "Hi SWR" by the Signal Meter can trigger the PTT inhibit line of a connected microKEYER-II.
Two sensors are available for the SMΩRF — one (CHF-3) for 1.8 to 30 MHz with a max power load of 3kW, and one (CVHF-2) for signals from 70 up to 500MHz and 2kW. Each sensor comes with two carefully aligned cables, 3m long. Cable extensions are possible, but will require calibration for best results. The SMΩRF requires 13.8V at 1.3A.
- Frequency range 1.8 to 500 MHz
- Measurement of phase incl. sign up to 500 MHz
- Calculation of complex impedance at antenna fed point
- Measure phase difference between two sensors
- Realtime temperature compensation of each measurement
- Each meter and each sensor individually calibrated (level, frequency, phase, temperature)
- Double LED bar graph, coloured, with peak hold
- Brilliant OLED display with wide reading angle
- Display of measurement values configurable by user
- Adjustable alarm values (SWR, power, PSK IMD etc) per band, per sensor
- Internal speaker for alarms etc
- Solid die cast aluminium chassis, EMI/RFI protected
- Ethernet connection (RJ-45 socket)
- Internal webserver for display of values and settings
- VNC Server for remote access to entire setup
- Separate TCP port for automated measurements, documented protocol
- Free software for Windows and OS-X
- Traditional RS-232 serial interface for remote control
- Built-in signal generator (single, two-tone) for tests of the amplifier
- Two digital inputs, two digital outputs for control purposes
- iLink connectors for easy integration of other microHAM devices (StationMaster, SM Deluxe, microKEYER-II, microKEYER-2R/2R+
- Auxiliary extension port
- Real time clock, internet synced
Note: No sensor included in delivery! Please do not forget to order sensors additionally!
|SMORF.YELLOW||RF Vector Signal Meter, yellow OLED display||757.00 €||Add to shopping cart||In stock, shipped in 1 or two days. ⓘ|
|SMORF.WHITE||RF Vector Signal Meter, white OLED display||757.00 €||Add to shopping cart||In stock, shipped in 1 or two days. ⓘ|
|SMORF.BLUE||RF Vector Signal Meter, blue OLED display||757.00 €||Add to shopping cart||In stock, shipped in 1 or two days. ⓘ|
|SMORF-HF3||CHF-3 Sensor 1.8-54 MHz, 3kW||235.00 €||Add to shopping cart||In stock, shipped in 1 or two days. ⓘ|
|SMORF-HF6||CHF-6 Sensor 1.8-54 MHz, 6kW||475.00 €||Add to shopping cart||Not in stock, back on: 03. Apr. 2019 ⓘ|
|SMORF-VHF2||CVHF-2 Sensor 70-500 MHz, 2kW||235.00 €||Add to shopping cart||In stock, shipped in 1 or two days. ⓘ|
|Info freight charges|
Presentation of the SMΩRF Vector Signal Meter (Video, english, 26m50s)
Jozef, OM7ZZ presents the SMORF in full detail, very nice video explaining the features and possibilities of the power vector meter made by microHAM.