W2IHY Technologies specializes in affordable audio technology for amateur radio applications. It is the the only manufacturer that specializes in the design and the manufacturing of audio and RF switching equipment that work together in your station environment. Their products are built to be used in transmitting environments where RFI and less-than-perfect ground systems can compromise the performance of audio equipment. Extensive RF Isolation and Audio Isolation solutions are designed into all W2IHY products.
8 Band Audio Equalizer
The W2IHY 8 Band Audio Equalizer and Noise Gate is an easy-to-use, sophisticated unit loaded with high-performance features. This thoughtfully-designed, quality- constructed station accessory performs three important functions, all in one good looking, low- profile package:
- The Audio Equalizer gives you sophisticated control of the tonal qualities of your microphone and, thus, of your transmit audio quality. The range of equalization possibilities is virtually unlimited, letting you custom-tailor your audio just the way you want.
- The Noise Gate is the long-needed solution for noisy operating environments. Background noises that used to make copy difficult or unpleasant on the other end of the QSO are eliminated or greatly reduced.
- The Universal Microphone and Radio matching capabilities are terrific. Match practically any microphone of any impedance to practically any radio's microphone input. Adjust the wide-range input level for optimum drive to the built-in microphone amplifier. Adjust the output to give your radio the ideal signal level for best performance of microphone gain, alc, compression and smooth VOX operation. A comprehensive selection of microphone jacks means plug and play for most microphones. Instant microphone compatibility with Yaesu, Kenwood and Icom microphones via a 3 position switch.
- 8 band audio equalizer for transmitter microphones (50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 2400, 3200 Hz)
- Extremely effective noise gate eliminates background noise
- Selectable microphone input impedance 200 ohm, 600 ohm, HI-Z
- Microphone input: 8-pin, XLR female, RCA phono
- Microphone input gain (wide-range input level control adjusts internal microphone amplifier gain)
- Dual selectable microphone tutputs allows connection to two different radios if you choose
- PTT input (RCA jack) adds push to talk control for non-PTT microphones
- Built-in headphone monitor (produces ample high-quality audio for making equalization and noise gate adjustments)
- Designed specifically for amateur radio use adjacent to transmitters and linear amplifiers
- Supply: 7-14V (100ma) wall transformer provided
- Size: 76 mm x 203 mm x 195 mm (height x width x deep)
|EQ-8||W2IHY 8 Band Audio Equalizer||359.00 €||Aggiungi al carello||In magazzino, spedizione in 1 o 2 giorni. ⓘ|
|EQ-I-8||W2IHY Adapter Cable ICOM 8-pol. Connector, 130cm||30.00 €||Aggiungi al carello||In magazzino, spedizione in 1 o 2 giorni. ⓘ|
|EQ-I-M||W2IHY Adapter Cable ICOM Western Connector, 130cm||30.00 €||Aggiungi al carello||Non in magazzino, di nuovo disponibile: 19. ott. 2018 ⓘ|
|EQ-K-8||W2IHY Adapter Cable KENWOOD 8-pol Connector, 130cm||30.00 €||Aggiungi al carello||In magazzino, spedizione in 1 o 2 giorni. ⓘ|
|EQ-K-M||W2IHY Adapter Cable KENWOOD Western Connector, 130cm||30.00 €||Aggiungi al carello||Non in magazzino, di nuovo disponibile: 21. set. 2018 ⓘ|
|EQ-Y-8||W2IHY Adapter Cable YAESU 8-pol. Connector, 130cm||30.00 €||Aggiungi al carello||In magazzino, spedizione in 1 o 2 giorni. ⓘ|
|EQ-Y-M||W2IHY Adapter Cable YAESU Western Connector, 130cm||30.00 €||Aggiungi al carello||Non in magazzino, di nuovo disponibile: 28. set. 2018 ⓘ|
|Info sui costi di spedizione|
EQPlus Audio Equalizer
- Use EQplus to expand your W2IHY 8-Band EQ/Noise Gate. Connect one simple cable from your 8-Bander to EQplus and you're connected to world-class audio capabilities.
- EQplus can be used as a stand-alone unit. If the onboard Dual-Band EQ meets your needs, put EQplus between your microphone and radio. If you find you'd like to have additional adjustability and control, you can always add a W2IHY 8-Band EQ later on.
- Rack users: EQplus is a one-of-a-kind accessory that gives you unmatched capabilities in radio interfacing, impedance matching, level control and RF/audio isolation. Nothing else compares at any price.
- Adjustable Compressor gives your signal a serious boost in loudness. Increase talk power while your signal stays squeaky-clean
- Adjustable Downward Expander provides ultra-fast and transparent background noise reduction
- Limiter manages onboard levels and works in harmony with compressor for big, full, commanding audio
- Convenient front panel controls
- Interface up to 3 radios
- Use the Dual-Band EQ for a finishing touch on your lows and highs
- Effects Processor adds smooth bright presence to your signal
- Supply: 7-14V (100ma) wall transformer provided
Download: EQplus and EQ8-band Quickstart Guide (PDF, EN, 125KB)
|ICOM 8 Pin Round||IC718, IC725, IC735, IC745, IC746, IC746PRO, IC756 all models, IC765, IC775, IC781, IC910H, IC7200, IC7400, IC7410, IC7600, IC7700, IC7800, IC820H, IC9100|
|ICOM 8 pin Modular||IC706, IC207H, IC 7000, IC7100, ID880H, ID5100|
|Kenwood 8 Pin Round||TS50, TS140, TS430, TS440, TS450, TS570, TS590, TS660, TS670, TS680, TS690, TS780, TS790, TS811, TS850, TS870, TS930, TS940, TS950, TS990, TS2000, TS2000X|
|Kenwood 8 Pin Modular||TM255, TM261, TM271, TM281A/E, TM451, TM455, TM733, TM742, TM941, TM942, TM941, TMD700/A/E, TMG707, TS480, TM-V7|
|Yaesu 8 Pin Round||
Yaesu: FT840, FT890, FT920, FT950, FT990, FT1000MP, FT1000MP Mark 5, FT1000MP Field, FT2000,FT2000D, FTDX1200, FTDX3000, FT3000, FTDX5000, FTDX9000, FT9000Contest, FTDX9000D, FTDX9000 MP
Ten Tec: Orion 2, OMNI 7
FLEX Radio SDR1000, Flex Radio 5000,Flex Radio 6300, Flex Radio 6500, Flex Radio 6700
|Yaesu Modular||FT450, FT817, FT857, FT897, FT900, FT991|
FAQ - Frequently Answered Questions
Q: Most modern transceivers have a built-in equalizer. So, why should one buy a W2IHY EQ?
A: Some people feel that they would rather use the internal EQ in their radios. The problem is two fold. One a lot of hams can not get the EQ to work well in the radio and find my products easier to use and two when they compare the quality of audio produced by the radio to what is generated by the W2IHY gear, the W2IHY gear is noticeably superior. One example is the compressor in the EQPlus. The compressors in most modern day radios are RF compressors. RF compressors can work well but they have a couple of characteristics. They roll off the lows below around 300 Hz. and they must be carefully adjusted to minimize perceptible distortion. If they are overdriven it is usually bad news. A lot of hams do not use their radios compressor because they can not make it sound like they want. The audio compressor in the EQplus does not roll off the lows. When you turn it on the whole audio spectrum gets louder similar to what happens when you turn on a linear amplifier. My gear works very well and is easy to use. Look at the EHAM reviews.
By the way the third place German winners of WRTC2014 were using IC756PRO3's with EQPluses attached. The PRO3 has an equalizer and compressor. So why would they use the EQPlus. They used an EQPlus because it just plain works a lot better than what is in the radio. You are heard better.
W2IHY EQ-Plus at WRTC 2014
The German team at WRTC 2014 (Winner 3. place) did use the EQ-Plus by W2IHY during the contest!
The manufacturer writes:
Video about W2IHY Audio Equalizer
A video with english speaker, presenting the W2IHY audio equalizer.
And the same video in HD resolution 1920x1080px. Must watch in full screen mode, this is much more impressive :)