Yaesu Mobile transceiver
The Yaesu FTM-400XDE is a Duoband transceiver for 144/430 MHz with the new C4FM/FDMA Digital Mode.
With his new FTM-400XDE Yaesu provides for the first time a mobile device with the Digital Mode C4FM. In addition, this radio thanks to the Yaesu Dual Mode system, of course can transmit in Analog FM.The FTM-400XDE has a 3.5-inch color touch screen. The Transceiver is controlled with this touch screen. The number of control buttons is reduced to 4 buttons and keys. All important settings are selected directly by pressing on the display.
The FT-400DE supports 3 Digital and 1 Analog Mode.
- The V/D mode transmits voice and data at the same time slot. In this time slot in addition to the voice data, the GPS data, the ID data is sent together. These data includes the call data for error correction and stabilize the Voice transmissione. The V/D Mode is the basic mode in C4FM FDMA digital amateur radio
- The Data FR Mode is for full rate Data Transmission. The transfer of large amounts of data such as text messages, pictures and voice notes is in this mode done at twice the speed compared to the V/D mode.
- The Voice FR Mode use the full rate for Voice Transmission in high quality. Thus, the transmission does sound very clearly and naturally.
- In addition to the digital mode, the FTM-400 can also use analog FM. This mode allows the normal FM operation.
The new FT-400DE has an automatic mode switching. The received mode is then automatically transferred.
Also for APRS operation this mobile device is with a integrated GPS ready for use. An extensive menu covers everything to be QRV immediately with no additional hardware in APRS. Detailed instructions can be found on the homepage of Yaesu or here here.
With the optional camera microphone MH-85A11U you can easily take snapshots on a micro SD card (not included) or send it to another C4FM transceiver. With the large displays images can be viewed directly from other stations. The images also contain the precise GPS coordinates and allow it to navigate directly to this position.
The Yaesu FTM-400XDE has a wideband receiver from 108 MHz to 999 MHz. The transceiver can receive two frequencies simultaneously, which may be different or even in the same band. In addition, the FTM-400D offers the possibility to use the transceiver as a cross-band repeater.
The transmitter operates on the 2m and 70cm with an output power of max. 50W, which can be reduced to 20 W or 5W.
Differences FTM-400DE, FTM-400XDE
Since autumn 2015 Yaesu has introduced the FTM-400XDE. The differences to the earlier available FTM-400DE are an improved GPS receiver with with 66 channels, which offers a shorter time to first fix (TTF). Further the FTM-400XDE will be equipped with a small, easy to open cap on the top, allowing quick and easy firmware upgrades without opening the radio as before.
- 3,5 Zoll Touchdisplay
- 500 Memory channel for each band (A/B)
- Backup settings to SD card possible
- 1200/9600bps APRS
- Automatic Mode Selection
- Snapshot function (with MH-85A11U)
- Wide band receiver
- integrated GPS receiver
- Smart Navigation
- DTMF, CTCSS, DCS
- Slot for Micro-SD
- Analog/Digital clock
- Included in shipment of the FTM-400XDE is:
- Main unit
- Control unit
- Separation cable 380cm
- MH-48A6J DTMF Microphone
- Mounting bracket for main unit
- Mounting bracket for control unit
- SCU-20 Data Cable USB
- Power cable
- Operation Manual
Towards the years end of 2018 Yaesu offers a new cashback program. Buy your new Yaesu radio now and get cash money back from Yaesu!
- FT-DX5000 300,00 € cash back
- FT-DX3000 100,00 € cash back
- FT-DX1200 100,00 € cash back
- FT-991A 100,00 € cash back
- FTM-400XDE 50,00 € cash back
- FT-2DE 50,00 € cash back
This promotion is handled directly by Yaesu UK and not by WiMo. To use this promotion you have to fill out the claim fiorm below and send it directly to Yaesu UK. This promotion is only valid for the products mentioned which have been bought during the validity period mentioned.
For further instructions please download this claim form:
- The claim form and all rules to claim your cash back amount (PDF, English, 225KB).
|FTM-400XDE||Yaesu FTM-400XDE C4FM FDMA Duoband Mobile transceiver||529.00 €||Add to shopping cart||In stock, shipped in 1 or two days. ⓘ|
|99FREQ||Frequency Extension Please see note!||25.00 €||Add to shopping cart||In stock, shipped in 1 or two days. ⓘ|
|Info freight charges|
Download: Data sheet and information about YAESU C4FM/FDMA Digital Mode (PDF, EN, 3MB)
ADMS-M400 Programming Software FTM-400DE
ADMS-M400 Programming software makes it easy to manage memory channel information and other menu settings of the Yaesu FTM-400.
Programming works via SCU-20 USB-cable that comes in the box with the radio. The radio must have firmware version 2.0 or higher!
- Spreadsheet layout with many point and click options.
- "Read" the current configuration from the radio for editing or start from scratch in a new file.
- The programmer has copy and paste of memory channel information between files.
- Column editing for changing several channels with minimal typing.
- An easy interface to ARRL Travel Plus or RFinder-Worldwide Repeater Directory to get repeater information. (separate purchase required)
- Ability to copy and paste spreadsheet or website data.
- Much more than just memory channel programming with settings for other radio menu items.
- RT Systems Programming Software for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) or Windows 8 and 10 (full version)
|ADMS-M400||Programming software on CD||35.00 €||Add to shopping cart||In stock, shipped in 1 or two days. ⓘ|
|Info freight charges|
HRI-200 Internet Link Adapter
With the HRI-200 the Yaesu C4FM-Devices like the FTM-400 or the DR-1XE or DR-2XE can be connected to the internet. The required software and the device cables are included. The HRI-200 can control 2 transceivers at the same time and can monitor 4 frequencies.
The HRI-200 interface supports the full functionality of Wires-X as the networking of the Group Monitor, Local Info, emergency ...
Even on older devices the HRI-200 can be used. Here the interface is then operated only in FM mode and controlled via DTMF. The features are significantly limited.
The connection between the HRI-200 and a computer is handled by the supplied USB cable. An additional power supply is not necessary. The necessary router configuration is handled by the UPnP protocol in the router itself.
- In scope of delivery included:
- HRI-200 Interface
- Datacable Mini-DIN 10 Pin (CT-174)
- Datacable Mini-DIN 6 Pin (CT-175)
- Wires-X Software (CD)
- Manual (Englisch)
- Warranty Card
- System Requirements for the HRI-200:
- OS: Windows Vista/7/8/8.1
- CPU: min. 2GHz
- HDD: min. 1GB free disk space
- RAM: min. 2GB
- USB: Full-Speed USB (USB-2)
- Screen Resolution: min. 1366x768 or more, 16bit or more
- LAN-Port: mind. 100MBit
- Internet Connection: min. 8 Mbps or faster
|HRI-200||Yaesu Internet Link Adapter||109.00 €||Add to shopping cart||In stock, shipped in 1 or two days. ⓘ|
|CT-174||Data cable Mini-DIN 10pin-10pin||27.20 €||Add to shopping cart||Not in stock, back on: 08. Mar. 2019 ⓘ|
|CT-175||Data cable Mini-DIN 10pin-6pin||23.40 €||Add to shopping cart||Not in stock, ordered only on customer request, delay at c. 120 days. ⓘ|
|Info freight charges|
Desktop case for mobile transceivers, including fan
Desktop Case with cooling for various mobile transceivers.
Sometimes even the best equipment can get hot, for example when used in tropical zones or in certain industrial environments. Or you need a fixed place for the mobile transceiver... This is where the desktop case SMB-201 by Yaesu really shines!
The desktop case SMB-201 by Yaesu act as a support and case for various mobile transceivers. Below the radio sits a fan unit to provide cooling, even when the case is installed in narrow spaces with less than perfect ventilation. The SMB-201 includes it's own power supply (SAD-11C, included). The radio is installed with 4 screws into the case, usually the speaker points upwards and is not blocked.
The SMB-201 fit's perfectly for Yaesu radios like the FTM-400D, FT-8900, FT-8800 and FT-7900. Other radios, even from other manufacturers, can be made to fit by using custum made spacers or adaptor plates. Size approx. 146 x 100 x 87mm, weight approx. 700g.
|SMB-201||Yaesu Desktop Case with Fan unit||43.50 €||Add to shopping cart||In stock, shipped in 1 or two days. ⓘ|
|Info freight charges|
Frequency Extension for RadiosPlease note:
All radios supplied by WiMo normally cover only the amateur bands (transmit wise).
The frequency extension of a radio (TX open) is done on explicit request by the customer.
Amateur Radio transceivers are usually not specified for use outside the amateur bands. In some cases the radio and especially the final amplifier or output filters can be damaged when transmitting outside the amateur bands. These damages are not covered by any warranty.
The manufacturer warranty might be voided in some cases as well.